Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mr. Peeps!

Good Morning! I hope all is well with you. This big guy is my favorite Easter decoration. I made him a few years back. He's so stinkin' cute, he brings a smile to my face. 


Mr. Peeps!




For this project the first thing you will need a patience. But it is totally worth it. The supplies used are a ball of yellow crochet thread, fabric stiffener, 1 large balloon, felt sheets (orange, yellow and black), and orange feathers. These can be found at your local craft store.

Blow up your balloon to the size you like. (Use a yellow or light balloon...I used a green balloon and it is still stuck at the bottom of Mr. Peeps.) You will then get your yellow crochet thread and tie a knot where you knotted the balloon. Start wrapping the crochet thread around the balloon in all directions. This takes awhile...I watched TV doing it. Next hold your wrapped balloon over a very large bowl and pour the stiffener over the entire balloon...very messy! You can gently move the excess stiffener off with your hand. Hang the balloon for 48 hrs. to dry. I used a clip and clipped the balloon to a hanger and hung it in the garage to dry. (Please clip where you knotted the balloon). It took 2 days to dry! After the stiffener has completely dried you will need to pop the balloon. Mine stuck to the string in a few places so I just gently pushed it off the string where it fell to the bottom. I was not able to remove the green balloon...no worries you can't see it!

Now comes the fun part. I free-handed a pair of wings and feet, then attached the eyes, beak, feathers, wings and feet with some liquid adhesive.

TIP: Please do not store your chick in the attic it will loose it's shape.

Hope you enjoy...thanks for stopping by!

Carolyn:o)

2 comments:

  1. cute chickie! I did this a couple of years ago and made ghosts for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to make!
    Carolyn:o)

    ReplyDelete