Monday, September 15, 2014

Raven Treat Bag

Happy Monday! I wanted to post a treat bag we made Friday night. My friend Mary Huizinga brought this beautiful stamp to the workshop... and this is what we came up with.


The Raven Treat Bag



It is a very large stamp so I inked the stamp with Black StazOn Ink and placed it face up on the table. I gently put the bag on the stamp and rubbed it back and forth to get a clean and crisp image. It took several tries to figure this out. Sometimes crafting is trial and error:o).



For the back side of the bag I used #135350 Kinda Eclectic and Halloween Bash stamp sets (retired) along with the #120907 Decorative Label and #119856 Scallop Oval punches.


I distressed the edges of the Decorative Label and the outside of the bag. Then embellished the image with a rhinestone. TIP: Use a sharpy to color the rhinestone.

The Friday Night Girls

I have to say that this is an AWESOME group of girls that I enjoy crafting with. Lots of stories, laughter and creativity.


Jill and Mary working on Project Life.


Michelle, Julie and Paula making cards.


Lauren and Mary getting organized for the upcoming holidays.


And Mary and Ann working on their albums and cards.


Jill poses again for a pic with me...thanks Ms. Jill!

How many girls are named Mary in these pics? 
If you guessed 3 you are correct. 
What are the odds of having 3 Mary's in a group of 10?

Special Treats

Mary Giehls Hawthorne's photo. 
 
Mary Hawthorne brought these delicious Pumpkin Spice cupcakes with a Cookie Butter Frosting...YUM!!! And Mary Huizinga brought her famous thick and fudgy brownies which disappeared before a pic was taken.


I found a mustache mold at Hobby Lobby and made these treats for the girls in honor of our #133741 Mustache Framelit. The pink and purple were made with Wilton's white chocolate candy melts and the brown were Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars. Simply melt the chocolate in the microwave stir and pour into the mold, refrigerate for 20 minutes. Then pop them out of the mold and put into clear treat bags.

I hope you enjoy...thanks for stopping by!

Carolyn:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment