Sunday, August 9, 2015

Watercoloring with Aqua Painters

Happy August! Just a couple more weeks and my boys will be back in school:o(. But I think I am ready to be back in a routine.

Thanks Watercolor Background Card


I've seen the Bokeh technique all over pinterest so I decided to try it. This was so much fun...I love to paint! The funny thing is I ended up liking just the vibrant watercolor background more than the Bokeh effect. So this is what I came up with.


I used #115662 Mambo Melon, #119672 Daffodil Delight and #105229 Pumpkin Pie re-inkers for my color combination.


I used 10 drops of water to 3 drops of ink in each container. First I taped my watercolor paper down and then I saturated it with water using the #103954 Aqua Painter. Next, I put dabs of ink randomly with my aqua painter all over the paper starting with my lightest color first. *There is no rhyme or reason to this...just put the color wherever you want. You are the Artist! Also when changing colors make sure your aqua painter is clean so you are ready to add the next color. When it was completely full of color I gently pulled off the tape. The ink dries quickly on the paper. This is the look I liked the best!

Watercolor vs. Bokeh


Which technique do you like?


To continue with the Bokeh Technique I used #101731 White Craft Ink and a circle template which I made using a #114323 Window Sheet and the #130911 Circle Framelets (various sizes). Place the template on the watercolor background and fill in the circle with the white craft ink. You will place your template randomly filling in the circles. Allow the craft ink to dry before you stamp onto the background (this will take awhile) or to speed up the process you can use the #129053 Heating Tool to dry the watercolor paper. When stamping onto the background use the #101406 StazOn Ink.


Hope you enjoy...thanks for stopping by!

Carolyn:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment