Monday, May 12, 2014

Sweet Treat!

Happy Monday! I bought my first watermelon last week. Nothing says summer like WaTeRmeLoN! And I am so ready for "the lazy days of summer." Last year my sister gave me this great tip on picking watermelons. You should check for a yellow belly of the watermelon this usually indicates it is ripe. I have used this method and picked some pretty awesome ones.

So today I'd like to share with you a cute treat inspired by my favorite summer fruit...watermelon.

Watermelon Tag
 




To create the watermelon I used Gumball Green and Real Red cardstock. Before I attached the red circle on top of the green I used #101731 Whisper White craft ink around the edges to give it the effect of the rind.


Next, I cut a slice of watermelon and added the seeds using the #121807 Cupcake Builder punch.

 
Here is a closer look...you can see that I used the #133520 Decorative Dots embossing folder and #133324 Scalloped Tag punch for the topper.

 
Graduation Tag

My niece is graduating this week and I wanted to do something a little different than a card. I came across this super cute idea from Becky Roberts. I just changed up the colors a bit and put a check inside a #124134 Cellophane Bag. It was that easy!




Supplies used to create this tag are #133480 Circle Card Thinlit, #119854 Scallop Circle punch, #119861 Circle punch and #124005 Silver Glimmer paper.

Hope you enjoy...thanks for stopping by!

Carolyn:o)



No comments:

Post a Comment